We are continuously improving the way your SimpleUpdates software works. We automatically update the backend software for you, no action required. On your dashboard, in the admin menu, you will see the date of the last code push to your website, and this would correlate with the dates on this page.
Important Updates of Sept 4, 2018
- We resolved an error where some sites could not access the events list.
- We removed a error showing on some media pages when the live streaming server is unreachable.
- We indented the navigation subpages in the dropdown dialog.
- We fixed the Gumwood theme home buttons to open in a new window if that option was selected in the button settings.
- In the Gumwood theme, we set the header color to the accent color for ACC sites sub pages.
- Continued tweaks to the navigation color and contrast settings.
Important Updates of Aug 22, 2018
- Tweaks to the new main navigation code -- making the default font a little larger and spacing improvements.
- We improved media blocks in columns. Before the margins were acting up, and now this has been resolved.
- We improved UL header and bullet point items spacing. Before there were some situations where they would rest on top of each other.
- Improved the ability to download audio files form the media manager.
- Dashboard panels are more free floating.
- We improved the margin of blocks on mobile viewports.
- Improved the Spruce Theme - allowing editing of titles and even removing them if needed.
- Fixed a bug when calling for a blog listing.
- Themes navigations can now accept custom css to control the navigation breakpoints, etc.
Important Updates of Aug 2, 2018
- The media icon size was improved on mobile view.
- We tweaked the event add/edit screen to be more consistent.
- We solved an error where deleted events were sometimes still showing on the calendar.
- We improved the display of calendar items that span across two months.
- We made a GUI tweak to the store checkout.
- We fixed an error where images were not displaying properly for donation items in the store.
- We now append at the bottom of form emails the site and form that took the message. This will help site owners who have multiple sites be able to track down where the message came from.
- We improved the theme update process to help assure that custom changes are not overwritten on core theme updates.
- We fixed crop-edge dropdowns on all themes.
- Tweaks to the Spruce and Ivy themes.
- We launched a new navigation backend code which we hope will improve the function and uniformity of the site navigation.
Important Updates of July 19, 2018
- Some sites use a logo that includes their site name. So we added the option for sites to turn off the text title of their site in the header area.
- We removed the "edit" label on Custom Collection secondary detail pages, were edit does not really make sense.
- We set the Settings > System items in alphabetical order.
- We improved the look of the store order receipt, and added the customer phone number to the print out.
- Improved the call-to-action button on the new Ivy school theme.
- Additional improvements to the Ivy theme.
- We have added FontAwsome icons to themes similar to Custom Collections.
- Improved the Add Event - Description entry field margin.
- We are sorting the media page presenter filter by the presenters last name for easier finding who you are looking for.
Important Updates of July 10, 2018
- We corrected how checkbox options in a custom collection form display.
- We removed a field validation error on the new URL field type.
- Users have requested to allow multiple categories for a single calendar event, and now this is possible with a multi-select category box.
- When adding a blog post, we have improved the "parent" blog select box to default to the blog you were just viewing.
- If you change a forwards title, we are now also updating the navigation title as well to keep them in sync.
- Improved the line height of long titles that need to wrap to two lines in the Willow theme.
- Improved category saving in store products.
- Updated our FontAwesome icons to the 5.1 version, so that all the "current" icons are now available consistently.
Important Updates of June 27, 2018
- We improved page lists to consistently show the Navigation title rather than the page title. (You can set them separately if needed.)
- We made justified content-images to be full-width at phone viewport sizes. This improves mobile device viewing of images on pages.
- Improved the listing of multiple blog posts.
- On the media page, we improved how the date is printed next to a media item.
- Improved the Page Forward dialog box and made some terms more consistent.
- We added the names of the templates in the template selector. This has been needed for some time, and will make it clearer to differentiate similar template types.
Important Updates of June 21, 2018
- We increased the space for the entry of the store product description.
- Theme improvements to Gumwood and Spruce
- Improved ASC sites with SSL Certificates
- Fixed a possible error with custom collection setup
- Improved welcome emails to display the customer domain name in the message.
Important Updates of June 7, 2018
- Resolved an issue where donation store product images were not saving.
- Solved an issue with some SSL certificates, and some sites that had login issues.
- Backend improvements to the account management system.
Important Updates of May 29, 2018
- Improved media add assets. The process is now accordion to add additional assets rather than a popover.
- Added the ability for sites to add a domain as an alias to their site.
- Improved the calendar, add page for detail views dialog box.
- Improved the focal point on gallery: grid view.
- Standardized "Title" for Media, Store, Forms and Galleries.
- Added a field type: URL. This will force valid URL's in this field.
- We made the "Embed" block to be smarter. You can now embed html and it will make an HTML block. Or you can embed an O-Embed url, and it will embed the custom object.
- Improved the dates on the admin media items list.
- Improved the link dialog, to make submitting the link easier.
- We did a code review and made sure all code is ready for PHP 7.2 upgrade.
- Improved calendar syncing. The issue was with calendars that had many items to import.
- You can now export from a Form response to a custom collection. This will make it simple to have a classifieds ads collection, a public prayer request page, or community calendar. You will get the data from the public via forms, and then you can approve items, and import them into your custom collection.
- Improved the Forms submissions counts to always equal the items shown in the list.
- Improved the media stats graph on the media overview page.
- If a site has been inactive for a period of time, we will send an email to the site admins, with an automatic login link included.
- Improved the Gumwood theme header for ACC.
- Tweaks to the automatic send signup emails.
- Improved the Spruce theme social media links to open in new tabs.
- Improved custom collection builder, by adding two new fields to the config area: title field, featured image field
- Improved the public media page display for logged in users.
- Improved the sorting of tag lists.
Important Updates of May 8, 2018
- We launched a new custom collection API, which will allow option lists such as categories to be dynamically used for section headings on list outputs.
- Added the ability to password protect a blog page
- Improved product variations in the store
- Improved the Gallery Image display order (horizontal rather than vertical) for the grid view.
- We improved the situation where a domain that was using SSL is no longer associated with the site, and password recovery was not working in that case.
- Improved editing a recurring calendar event.
- Improved the label on the media stats view to clarify that it is not media asset views, but page views that are counted.
- We upgraded the back end management engine that SimpleUpdates and AdventistChurchConnect support team uses to assist with your site. This was a big step, and has made our support systems ready for the turning off of the legacy CMS at the end of this year.
Important Updates of April 30, 2018
- Added a help website link for the localization page.
- Improved the media page statistics
- Improved COD option in the store
- Set a form field: number validation for currency
- Tweaks to the form type name display
- New users language will default to the language set in site localizations
- Improved form validation when simple fees are enabled
- Enabled our CMS as an oEmbed provider
- Added 6 digits for a Form field: phone validation
- Improved the Domains settings page z-index for drop down content
Important Updates of April 23, 2018
- Updated some help links to new help pages on the support site.
- Improved Organic theme nav item click ability for short links.
- Improved Organic theme accent color to match the headline color.
- Improved content so it does not overflow the editable region.
- Adding a gallery will default to slideshow display.
- Improved custom collection import for large and complex collections.
- Redesigned the Add Field dialog box for adding new fields. The new layout is more compact, and we improved always being able to access the dialog.
- For ACC sites, we grey out the sunset option when there is no address to calculate the sunset times.
- Calculated the Lat/Long for all ACC sites that have an address on file, so the sunset times will always work properly.
- Improved the icon for correspondent, to clarify that this user does not login.
- Improved the add user dialog icon placement.
- Improved the labels on Edit Calendar events.
- Improved the syncing code for bringing in large / complex Google Calendar events.
Important Updates of April 16, 2018
- We worked to improve the speed of page loading for admins working with their site
- Added tab styles to the Gumwood theme
- In forms, you can now activate a time setting along with date (optional)
- Tweaked Advanced Theme editing
- Added default table padding. Sites can do more in custom.css
- We have made related info side bar links optional via a theme customizer setting
Important Updates of April 3, 2018
- We have a lot of code to share this week. It is exciting to see this many improvements coming through in one code push!
- We have added a tutorial on this site showing how easy it is to add a Community Calendar - custom collection to your site.
- We removed the "More Details" on Sunset times in the calendar.
- Improved the HTML block to not show duplicates.
- In the Form Field configurator, we now print the field type for each field.
- We improved the media collection if a media type is linked to with http streaming. The player appropriate for the file extension is used.
- We are including a podcast option in the list block.
- Improved the code of the sidebar in the Prairie theme.
- Added a donation option to store.
- Added a spinner on import of custom collections, showing that activity is taking place in the background.
- We have enabled a custom.css editor. Using this for site customizations will allow you to continue getting theme updates.
- We have removed the file upload teaser from the field options till it is decided we need it.
- Improved the vertical spacing around form heading elements.
- In media assets, we are now showing the uploaded file name for cross reference.
- In store, if you upload a digital file for sale, we now show the uploaded file name for cross reference.
- Absolute URL's are converted to relative url's whenever possible on page save.
- Removed an error on the form date field when the date picker was used to fill in the date.
- We have improved the column listing in the custom collection items list, with valign=top.
- Various theme improvements have been added to many themes.
- We are deploying for the first time the Ivy theme, especially made for schools.
- ACC sites with sunset times enabled can print the current sunset times via some html code in an html block.
Important Updates of March 26, 2018
- We have added a tutorial on this site showing how easy it is to add a Church Staff Directory - custom collection to your site
- In some cases an error popup was showing when you created a calendar event. This error has been resolved.
- Improved ALPS header view on mobile devices
- Improved ALPS sunset time display on the calendar
- Improved the Gumwood theme by placing the logo on white rather than the background image.
- Improved the Name field in Custom Collections.
- Church sites that show the sunset times now works correctly on site launch.
Important Updates of March 19, 2018
- Improved the export of large custom collections.
- Fixed an error where root relative links were opening a new tab. Now it opens these "/" links in the same window like other relative links.
- Improved the public store list view.
- Checked through all themes for standardized html.
- Added the edit button to Banyan home collections.
- Added Iris theme slogan display
- Improved debugging of custom collection html blocks.
Important Updates of March 13, 2018
- First off, I must say I am excited about the volume of code that we have to offer today. There are quite a few bug fixes, and some new features we have been working on for some time!
- We have added a tutorial on this site showing how easy it is to add a custom collection to your site.
- SSL certs are being issued from a new tool offering greater flexibility and efficiency in updating certs into the future. This was a lot of work, and we are excited to launch this to all sites.
Import for custom collections. This is a new feature adding to the power of custom collections, allowing users to update a collection or add to it, by importing a CSV file. If you have images already in the database, you can update the text content by doing an export first, which will have an image ID, allowing you to keep the image on the update process.
- The columns tool now allows 5 columns, up from 4, from a customer request.
- We fixed a bug in System->Navigation related to custom URLs.
- Media Collection filters have been improved.
- Some UI tweaks on the admin side, updating button text and using opacity to improve the layered modals that sometimes are needed.
- Navigation forwarders that go off-site, now open those links in new windows.
- improvements to the Organic and Spruce themes.
Important Updates of March 5, 2018
- Improved the media overview activity graph
- Theme improvements to Prairie, Gumwood and Spruce
- Improved themes use of link targets
- Improved the live streaming connection to the media collection page
Important Updates of February 27, 2018
- Improved Map block alignment
- Strip domain names to make anchors to be relative links
- Improved product list header
- Fixed a product variations bug
- Improved the upcoming events display
Important Updates of February 20, 2018
- We now center captions under centered images.
- Improved User edit screen.
- Made the numbered and bulleted list icons easier to distinguish.
- Improved the ALPS theme to have the same sidebar name so switching themes keeps the sidebar content.
Important Updates of February 12, 2018
- Media collection display of User Bio's now include the ability for more than one paragraph.
- Added a social media feed block
- ACC Site Score widget on the dashboard
- Store add product image tweak
- Improved Cart display
- Updated all themes to allow printing of graphics even though page animations are turned on.
- Improved the button color and linked it with the accent color in all themes.
Important Updates of February 6, 2018
- ACC default logos are available to revert to.
- Improved page edit on a mobile device by hiding the settings pane by default.
Important Updates of January 29, 2018
- Added more help in the System > Integrations page.
- Fixed a reCaptcha validation issue.
- Fixed an error in the setup of the shopping cart.
- Added a store image placeholder.
Important Updates of January 22, 2018
- Added a cart status: Downloaded for the downloadable items.
- Added reCaptcha for the password reset form if the site has integrated reCaptcha.
Important Updates of January 16, 2018
- We removed the Discount label in the cart, unless it is used in the config.
- Improved image caption editing for galleries.
- Improved the calendar background color.
- Improved the opening of forwarder pages. If the link goes off-site, then the link opens in a new window.
- Added an option in the store to not require shipping info for download only items.
- We added images to event, and allow multiple calendars on the site.
- Improved the anchor links when logged in.
Important Updates of January 9, 2018
- With this update we automatically import the META data within an image as the description in the image in our CMS!
- Improved the setup of Custom Collections.
Important Updates of December 5 & 17, 2017
- We removed the email address requirement for correspondent user type.
- We made form emails have a unique subject to help sites not confuse different messages from various users.
Important Updates of November 28, 2017
- We improved the nav bar to make sure navs do not conflict with screen redraw.
- Added captions to the galleries.
Important Updates of November 14, 2017
- We improved the default placement of the focal point (center, center) rather than at the top of an uploaded image.
- We introduced editing of recurring events.
- Improved the calendar date / time picker.
- Improved the calendar list block.
Important Updates of November 7, 2017
- We improved the focal point on the Organic theme images.
- We made the HTML block editor window larger, allowing you to edit this content easier.
- We improved a list of items to make the various themes and checkout pages look better.
- Tweaked the product catalog list to make the images look better (not squished if a different aspect ratio.)
- Removed the "Share" button from the checkout pages.
Important Updates of October 30, 2017
- We have launched Anchor Links! This means any Headline style can now easily be the target of a link. If you are logged in, and you mouseover a heading, you will see an anchor link icon appear. Clicking that will give you the anchor URL that you can link to.
- We fixed the issue where sometimes images would disappear in edit mode. (This was due to the slide CSS being applied to images in the editor, which was not helpful for having them show up properly.)
- Improved the indention for Admin Menu tertiary items.
- Improved the ability to set the home page title blank, but still have the navigation show the home page.
Important Updates of October 24, 2017
- Form responses can now be marked as unread. This is helpful if more than one admin are working together to handle form responses.
- You can now upload a file as the target of a link on an image. An example of this is where you have an image, and you want to link that image to a PDF file. Now, you can easily do that in one step!
- Some back end improvements with GET parameters.
Important Updates of October 17, 2017
- When a person signs up for a SimpleUpdates trial website, we are now sending helpful information to keep them in the loop about how to signup and get help.
- We have improved the system email template.
Important Updates of October 11, 2017
- iTunes to Podcast integration has been improved.
- The shopping cart check-out process has been streamlined and improved.
- The digital download button has been improved in the check out process.
Important Updates of October 3, 2017
- We optimized the page content area in the database.
Important Updates of September 18, 2017
- Custom collections: We alert on duplicate fields.
Important Updates of September 4, 2017
- Improved pagination links on the media list view.
- Added analysis to forms: Cost fields
- Added a forms detail view for multi-option responses.
- Improved filter links on form response list view.
- We now show the form analysis maps on print view.
- Support for multiple paragraphs in event description.
- Added feature images to forwarder pages.
Important Updates of August 28, 2017
- Form Responses: we now show the unread items in bold.
- Fixed an error when creating a new blog.
Important Updates of August 22, 2017
- Improved ALPS theme logo processing.
- Refreshes a page that you have visited and has become stale. If edits have happened beneath you, and you start an edit session, you will now get the most updated data in your edit window.
Important Updates of August 15, 2017
- Non editor users can now receive form notifications
- Improved the backend date picker by making the arrows visible.
- Improved ALPS Theme name area in tablet view.
- Improved printing on all Themes.
Important Updates of August 8, 2017
- Improved Obsidian Theme carousel images.
- Added a store product list block.
- Improved podcast category label.
- Set the style guide as optional for all themes.
Important Updates of July 31, 2017
- We restricted blog posting to active blogs and made the blog selection more obvious when adding a new post.
- Improved an error where: non-floated blocks can prevent access to floated blocks
- Implemented Registered and TradeMarks in site titles to be superscript and sized properly
- Improved the Admin Event list ordering of events.
- Improved Spruce theme left header alignment issue.
Important Updates of July 24, 2017
- The HTML block can now hold unlimited length of content.
- Sites that use TM or R in their site title, will automatically have these styled nicely in the output on all the themes.
- Improved how themes displayed logos.
- Theme improvements to ALPS and Spruce.
Important Updates of July 19, 2017
- Improved bulleted lists in ALPS theme.
- Themes now work with any chosen accent color.
- Tweaks to the Organic theme, to allow it to display properly if no header is desired.
- Tweaks to the Iris theme, in the header and links area.
- Tweaks to the Banyan theme, navigation wrapping if there are a lot of nav items.
- Remove underline from ALPS share menu links.
- Make all theme button styles work whether a tag is inside or outside.
- Improved the help links from each site to the help site.
Important Updates of July 12, 2017
- Improved custom collection list, now showing pictures as thumbnails.
- Added the ability to edit custom collection field identifiers.
- Fixed a bug on reordering navigation items.
- Tweak to store order notifications to the store owner.
- Added Yelp! to the social media links.
- Improved an error dialog in store checkout.
- Proved HR styling via global.less.
- Improved calendar "today" button functionality.
Important Updates of July 6, 2017
- We fixed some modals to not show an error on load before you had a chance to work on the fields.
- In media list view, the presenter column is now sortable.
- Fixed some theme bugs.
Important Updates of July 4, 2017
- Improvements to the Banyan theme
- Improvements to the Gumwood theme
- Improved editing store categories
- Allowed YouTube embeds to play full screen when the admin is logged in to the site
- Improved email notifications for forms and store orders
- Set some more help text links to make it easier to get to help pages from any SU website. (The Lifesaver ring at the top right of the admin bar.)
- Improved prune and graft - we now show hidden parents on the back end
- Improved the ability to make buttons (as a style) in the editor
Important Updates of June 27, 2017
- Limited the amount of text that can appear in a collection field preview
- Improved ability to access the help icon in the admin bar
- On page list, use the nav tittle if there is no screen title
- We added notifications for Store sales
- Improved image buttons in Obsidian theme. (And this improvement will go to all themes soon.)
- Improved editing (visibility) in the permalink field
Important Updates of May 23, 2017
- Improved the new focal point icon
- Improved Store shipping method setup
- Prairie theme improvements
Important Updates of May 15, 2017
- Fixed an issue with Media uploads
- Added context sensitive help links
- Fixed some calendar errors
- Added default thumbnail size settings
Important Updates of May 9, 2017
- Live streaming placeholder graphic is now customizable.
- Master theme tweaks
- Custom Collection export tool
- Store checkout improvements
- List block GUI edits
Important Updates of May 2, 2017
- Improved site collections
- Store now accepts coupons
- Store products are now downloadable able
- Improvements to the Organic theme footer
- Improved how protected pages work in Navigation
- ReCaptcha integration
Important Updates of April 24, 2017
- Improved site search
- Stripe is now available for the store. Setup in Integrations.
- Willow & Prairie theme improvements
- Improved media and store product descriptions with nl2br.
- Improved system > navigation tool.
- Added an activation date for podcasts.
- Improved the store backend editing.
Important Updates of April 18, 2017
- Collections are now easier to edit. The collection edit link is visible when editing the content page that contains a collection.
- Improved the site trial features that are available.
- Dashboard tweaks.
- Dashboard "Site Score" has been added, prompting users to complete their site setup.
- Store now allows the purchase of electronic download items for sale.
- Forms can have one cost item, and the cost collected at form submit. The forms cost is integrated with Stripe as our new preferred payment processor. (We will be migrating other cost areas to stripe in the future.)
Important Updates of April 11, 2017
- We launched a new standard theme called "Prairie".
- The media collection tool shows the correct number of live streaming viewers that are watching your SimpleUpdates live stream.
- General theme improvements.
- Domain redirection has been enabled. This allows you to point a secondary domain to a specific part of your primary domain name website.
- Improvements to the column block, where we have added some default spacing between the columns. (This is editable further in the CSS.)
- Several image can now be added to an existing gallery via the upload dialog.
- Improvements to Settings -> Navigation.
Important Updates of April 4, 2017
- Dropdown support has been added to all standard themes! This allows child pages in the navigation items to display as a drop down.
- Various theme improvements.
- Calendars showing squares from a previous month, now includes the data from the previous month in those squares.
- Improved adding slideshows to pages.
- Protected content is no longer leaked on search results for that page.
- Store items can be marked non-taxable per item.
Important Updates of March 28, 2017
- Mobile nav improved on the Organic theme. Preparation is underway for drop down nav support across themes.
- Added a store page type.
- Improved store product image uploading.
- Numerous theme layout improvement tweaks.
- Media collection improvement. Assets that were randomly becoming disconnected from their items is resolved.
Important Updates of March 21, 2017
- ALPS, Willow, Banyan and Gumwood theme improvements
- Upgrade to Twig 2.1. This is a major update, and hopefully you won't know a difference, other than the updated functionality.
- Store improvements. Inactive items no longer disappear from the list.
- We will hide form titles. Now you can type the form title into the page if wanted.
- Improved editing of items below blocks inserted tight to the bottom of the editor.
- Content image effects (slide and fade) improved.
Important Updates of March 14, 2017
- Improvements to Gallery slideshows
- Automatic retrieval of YouTube thumbnail if the media item is being pulled from YouTube.
- Improved calendar item recurrence. Now you can set an event every x weeks.
- You now can delete one instance of a recurrent calendar event.
- New theme called Willow released.
- Theme improvements
Important Updates of March 7, 2017
- SSL for all domains for websites using our new CMS: SU2017. It is time to signup or upgrade!
- Content images will fade into view on page load. (Image effect controlled in Theme Customizer.)
- Site timezone is now set from address.
- The theme "Iris" has been launched on SU2017.
- Alignment improvements to the page edit advanced tab.
- General theme improvements.