We are continuously improving the way your SimpleUpdates software works. We then send these updates once a week to all our customer sites. These updates add more capability and maintain the security of your website.
Important Updates of May 8, 2018
- We launched a new custom collection API, which will allow option lists such as categories to be dynamically used for section headings on list outputs.
- Added the ability to password protect a blog page
- Improved product variations in the store
- Improved the Gallery Image display order (horizontal rather than vertical) for the grid view.
- We improved the situation where a domain that was using SSL is no longer associated with the site, and password recovery was not working in that case.
- Improved editing a recurring calendar event.
- Improved the label on the media stats view to clarify that it is not media asset views, but page views that are counted.
- We upgraded the back end management engine that SimpleUpdates and AdventistChurchConnect support team uses to assist with your site. This was a big step, and has made our support systems ready for the turning off of the legacy CMS at the end of this year.
Important Updates of April 30, 2018
- Added a help website link for the localization page.
- Improved the media page statistics
- Improved COD option in the store
- Set a form field: number validation for currency
- Tweaks to the form type name display
- New users language will default to the language set in site localizations
- Improved form validation when simple fees are enabled
- Enabled our CMS as an oEmbed provider
- Added 6 digits for a Form field: phone validation
- Improved the Domains settings page z-index for drop down content
Important Updates of April 23, 2018
- Updated some help links to new help pages on the support site.
- Improved Organic theme nav item click ability for short links.
- Improved Organic theme accent color to match the headline color.
- Improved content so it does not overflow the editable region.
- Adding a gallery will default to slideshow display.
- Improved custom collection import for large and complex collections.
- Redesigned the Add Field dialog box for adding new fields. The new layout is more compact, and we improved always being able to access the dialog.
- For ACC sites, we grey out the sunset option when there is no address to calculate the sunset times.
- Calculated the Lat/Long for all ACC sites that have an address on file, so the sunset times will always work properly.
- Improved the icon for correspondent, to clarify that this user does not login.
- Improved the add user dialog icon placement.
- Improved the labels on Edit Calendar events.
- Improved the syncing code for bringing in large / complex Google Calendar events.
Important Updates of April 16, 2018
- We worked to improve the speed of page loading for admins working with their site
- Added tab styles to the Gumwood theme
- In forms, you can now activate a time setting along with date (optional)
- Tweaked Advanced Theme editing
- Added default table padding. Sites can do more in custom.css
- We have made related info side bar links optional via a theme customizer setting
Important Updates of April 3, 2018
- We have a lot of code to share this week. It is exciting to see this many improvements coming through in one code push!
- We have added a tutorial on this site showing how easy it is to add a Community Calendar - custom collection to your site.
- We removed the "More Details" on Sunset times in the calendar.
- Improved the HTML block to not show duplicates.
- In the Form Field configurator, we now print the field type for each field.
- We improved the media collection if a media type is linked to with http streaming. The player appropriate for the file extension is used.
- We are including a podcast option in the list block.
- Improved the code of the sidebar in the Prairie theme.
- Added a donation option to store.
- Added a spinner on import of custom collections, showing that activity is taking place in the background.
- We have enabled a custom.css editor. Using this for site customizations will allow you to continue getting theme updates.
- We have removed the file upload teaser from the field options till it is decided we need it.
- Improved the vertical spacing around form heading elements.
- In media assets, we are now showing the uploaded file name for cross reference.
- In store, if you upload a digital file for sale, we now show the uploaded file name for cross reference.
- Absolute URL's are converted to relative url's whenever possible on page save.
- Removed an error on the form date field when the date picker was used to fill in the date.
- We have improved the column listing in the custom collection items list, with valign=top.
- Various theme improvements have been added to many themes.
- We are deploying for the first time the Ivy theme, especially made for schools.
- ACC sites with sunset times enabled can print the current sunset times via some html code in an html block.
Important Updates of March 26, 2018
- We have added a tutorial on this site showing how easy it is to add a Church Staff Directory - custom collection to your site
- In some cases an error popup was showing when you created a calendar event. This error has been resolved.
- Improved ALPS header view on mobile devices
- Improved ALPS sunset time display on the calendar
- Improved the Gumwood theme by placing the logo on white rather than the background image.
- Improved the Name field in Custom Collections.
- Church sites that show the sunset times now works correctly on site launch.
Important Updates of March 19, 2018
- Improved the export of large custom collections.
- Fixed an error where root relative links were opening a new tab. Now it opens these "/" links in the same window like other relative links.
- Improved the public store list view.
- Checked through all themes for standardized html.
- Added the edit button to Banyan home collections.
- Added Iris theme slogan display
- Improved debugging of custom collection html blocks.
Important Updates of March 13, 2018
- First off, I must say I am excited about the volume of code that we have to offer today. There are quite a few bug fixes, and some new features we have been working on for some time!
- We have added a tutorial on this site showing how easy it is to add a custom collection to your site.
- SSL certs are being issued from a new tool offering greater flexibility and efficiency in updating certs into the future. This was a lot of work, and we are excited to launch this to all sites.
Import for custom collections. This is a new feature adding to the power of custom collections, allowing users to update a collection or add to it, by importing a CSV file. If you have images already in the database, you can update the text content by doing an export first, which will have an image ID, allowing you to keep the image on the update process.
- The columns tool now allows 5 columns, up from 4, from a customer request.
- We fixed a bug in System->Navigation related to custom URLs.
- Media Collection filters have been improved.
- Some UI tweaks on the admin side, updating button text and using opacity to improve the layered modals that sometimes are needed.
- Navigation forwarders that go off-site, now open those links in new windows.
- improvements to the Organic and Spruce themes.
Important Updates of March 5, 2018
- Improved the media overview activity graph
- Theme improvements to Prairie, Gumwood and Spruce
- Improved themes use of link targets
- Improved the live streaming connection to the media collection page
Important Updates of February 27, 2018
- Improved Map block alignment
- Strip domain names to make anchors to be relative links
- Improved product list header
- Fixed a product variations bug
- Improved the upcoming events display
Important Updates of February 20, 2018
- We now center captions under centered images.
- Improved User edit screen.
- Made the numbered and bulleted list icons easier to distinguish.
- Improved the ALPS theme to have the same sidebar name so switching themes keeps the sidebar content.
Important Updates of February 12, 2018
- Media collection display of User Bio's now include the ability for more than one paragraph.
- Added a social media feed block
- ACC Site Score widget on the dashboard
- Store add product image tweak
- Improved Cart display
- Updated all themes to allow printing of graphics even though page animations are turned on.
- Improved the button color and linked it with the accent color in all themes.
Important Updates of February 6, 2018
- ACC default logos are available to revert to.
- Improved page edit on a mobile device by hiding the settings pane by default.
Important Updates of January 29, 2018
- Added more help in the System > Integrations page.
- Fixed a reCaptcha validation issue.
- Fixed an error in the setup of the shopping cart.
- Added a store image placeholder.
Important Updates of January 22, 2018
- Added a cart status: Downloaded for the downloadable items.
- Added reCaptcha for the password reset form if the site has integrated reCaptcha.
Important Updates of January 16, 2018
- We removed the Discount label in the cart, unless it is used in the config.
- Improved image caption editing for galleries.
- Improved the calendar background color.
- Improved the opening of forwarder pages. If the link goes off-site, then the link opens in a new window.
- Added an option in the store to not require shipping info for download only items.
- We added images to event, and allow multiple calendars on the site.
- Improved the anchor links when logged in.
Important Updates of January 9, 2018
- With this update we automatically import the META data within an image as the description in the image in our CMS!
- Improved the setup of Custom Collections.
Important Updates of December 5 & 17, 2017
- We removed the email address requirement for correspondent user type.
- We made form emails have a unique subject to help sites not confuse different messages from various users.
Important Updates of November 28, 2017
- We improved the nav bar to make sure navs do not conflict with screen redraw.
- Added captions to the galleries.
Important Updates of November 14, 2017
- We improved the default placement of the focal point (center, center) rather than at the top of an uploaded image.
- We introduced editing of recurring events.
- Improved the calendar date / time picker.
- Improved the calendar list block.
Important Updates of November 7, 2017
- We improved the focal point on the Organic theme images.
- We made the HTML block editor window larger, allowing you to edit this content easier.
- We improved a list of items to make the various themes and checkout pages look better.
- Tweaked the product catalog list to make the images look better (not squished if a different aspect ratio.)
- Removed the "Share" button from the checkout pages.
Important Updates of October 30, 2017
- We have launched Anchor Links! This means any Headline style can now easily be the target of a link. If you are logged in, and you mouseover a heading, you will see an anchor link icon appear. Clicking that will give you the anchor URL that you can link to.
- We fixed the issue where sometimes images would disappear in edit mode. (This was due to the slide CSS being applied to images in the editor, which was not helpful for having them show up properly.)
- Improved the indention for Admin Menu tertiary items.
- Improved the ability to set the home page title blank, but still have the navigation show the home page.
Important Updates of October 24, 2017
- Form responses can now be marked as unread. This is helpful if more than one admin are working together to handle form responses.
- You can now upload a file as the target of a link on an image. An example of this is where you have an image, and you want to link that image to a PDF file. Now, you can easily do that in one step!
- Some back end improvements with GET parameters.
Important Updates of October 17, 2017
- When a person signs up for a SimpleUpdates trial website, we are now sending helpful information to keep them in the loop about how to signup and get help.
- We have improved the system email template.
Important Updates of October 11, 2017
- iTunes to Podcast integration has been improved.
- The shopping cart check-out process has been streamlined and improved.
- The digital download button has been improved in the check out process.
Important Updates of October 3, 2017
- We optimized the page content area in the database.
Important Updates of September 18, 2017
- Custom collections: We alert on duplicate fields.
Important Updates of September 4, 2017
- Improved pagination links on the media list view.
- Added analysis to forms: Cost fields
- Added a forms detail view for multi-option responses.
- Improved filter links on form response list view.
- We now show the form analysis maps on print view.
- Support for multiple paragraphs in event description.
- Added feature images to forwarder pages.
Important Updates of August 28, 2017
- Form Responses: we now show the unread items in bold.
- Fixed an error when creating a new blog.
Important Updates of August 22, 2017
- Improved ALPS theme logo processing.
- Refreshes a page that you have visited and has become stale. If edits have happened beneath you, and you start an edit session, you will now get the most updated data in your edit window.
Important Updates of August 15, 2017
- Non editor users can now receive form notifications
- Improved the backend date picker by making the arrows visible.
- Improved ALPS Theme name area in tablet view.
- Improved printing on all Themes.
Important Updates of August 8, 2017
- Improved Obsidian Theme carousel images.
- Added a store product list block.
- Improved podcast category label.
- Set the style guide as optional for all themes.
Important Updates of July 31, 2017
- We restricted blog posting to active blogs and made the blog selection more obvious when adding a new post.
- Improved an error where: non-floated blocks can prevent access to floated blocks
- Implemented Registered and TradeMarks in site titles to be superscript and sized properly
- Improved the Admin Event list ordering of events.
- Improved Spruce theme left header alignment issue.
Important Updates of July 24, 2017
- The HTML block can now hold unlimited length of content.
- Sites that use TM or R in their site title, will automatically have these styled nicely in the output on all the themes.
- Improved how themes displayed logos.
- Theme improvements to ALPS and Spruce.
Important Updates of July 19, 2017
- Improved bulleted lists in ALPS theme.
- Themes now work with any chosen accent color.
- Tweaks to the Organic theme, to allow it to display properly if no header is desired.
- Tweaks to the Iris theme, in the header and links area.
- Tweaks to the Banyan theme, navigation wrapping if there are a lot of nav items.
- Remove underline from ALPS share menu links.
- Make all theme button styles work whether a tag is inside or outside.
- Improved the help links from each site to the help site.
Important Updates of July 12, 2017
- Improved custom collection list, now showing pictures as thumbnails.
- Added the ability to edit custom collection field identifiers.
- Fixed a bug on reordering navigation items.
- Tweak to store order notifications to the store owner.
- Added Yelp! to the social media links.
- Improved an error dialog in store checkout.
- Proved HR styling via global.less.
- Improved calendar "today" button functionality.
Important Updates of July 6, 2017
- We fixed some modals to not show an error on load before you had a chance to work on the fields.
- In media list view, the presenter column is now sortable.
- Fixed some theme bugs.
Important Updates of July 4, 2017
- Improvements to the Banyan theme
- Improvements to the Gumwood theme
- Improved editing store categories
- Allowed YouTube embeds to play full screen when the admin is logged in to the site
- Improved email notifications for forms and store orders
- Set some more help text links to make it easier to get to help pages from any SU website. (The Lifesaver ring at the top right of the admin bar.)
- Improved prune and graft - we now show hidden parents on the back end
- Improved the ability to make buttons (as a style) in the editor
Important Updates of June 27, 2017
- Limited the amount of text that can appear in a collection field preview
- Improved ability to access the help icon in the admin bar
- On page list, use the nav tittle if there is no screen title
- We added notifications for Store sales
- Improved image buttons in Obsidian theme. (And this improvement will go to all themes soon.)
- Improved editing (visibility) in the permalink field
Important Updates of May 23, 2017
- Improved the new focal point icon
- Improved Store shipping method setup
- Prairie theme improvements
Important Updates of May 15, 2017
- Fixed an issue with Media uploads
- Added context sensitive help links
- Fixed some calendar errors
- Added default thumbnail size settings
Important Updates of May 9, 2017
- Live streaming placeholder graphic is now customizable.
- Master theme tweaks
- Custom Collection export tool
- Store checkout improvements
- List block GUI edits
Important Updates of May 2, 2017
- Improved site collections
- Store now accepts coupons
- Store products are now downloadable able
- Improvements to the Organic theme footer
- Improved how protected pages work in Navigation
- ReCaptcha integration
Important Updates of April 24, 2017
- Improved site search
- Stripe is now available for the store. Setup in Integrations.
- Willow & Prairie theme improvements
- Improved media and store product descriptions with nl2br.
- Improved system > navigation tool.
- Added an activation date for podcasts.
- Improved the store backend editing.
Important Updates of April 18, 2017
- Collections are now easier to edit. The collection edit link is visible when editing the content page that contains a collection.
- Improved the site trial features that are available.
- Dashboard tweaks.
- Dashboard "Site Score" has been added, prompting users to complete their site setup.
- Store now allows the purchase of electronic download items for sale.
- Forms can have one cost item, and the cost collected at form submit. The forms cost is integrated with Stripe as our new preferred payment processor. (We will be migrating other cost areas to stripe in the future.)
Important Updates of April 11, 2017
- We launched a new standard theme called "Prairie".
- The media collection tool shows the correct number of live streaming viewers that are watching your SimpleUpdates live stream.
- General theme improvements.
- Domain redirection has been enabled. This allows you to point a secondary domain to a specific part of your primary domain name website.
- Improvements to the column block, where we have added some default spacing between the columns. (This is editable further in the CSS.)
- Several image can now be added to an existing gallery via the upload dialog.
- Improvements to Settings -> Navigation.
Important Updates of April 4, 2017
- Dropdown support has been added to all standard themes! This allows child pages in the navigation items to display as a drop down.
- Various theme improvements.
- Calendars showing squares from a previous month, now includes the data from the previous month in those squares.
- Improved adding slideshows to pages.
- Protected content is no longer leaked on search results for that page.
- Store items can be marked non-taxable per item.
Important Updates of March 28, 2017
- Mobile nav improved on the Organic theme. Preparation is underway for drop down nav support across themes.
- Added a store page type.
- Improved store product image uploading.
- Numerous theme layout improvement tweaks.
- Media collection improvement. Assets that were randomly becoming disconnected from their items is resolved.
Important Updates of March 21, 2017
- ALPS, Willow, Banyan and Gumwood theme improvements
- Upgrade to Twig 2.1. This is a major update, and hopefully you won't know a difference, other than the updated functionality.
- Store improvements. Inactive items no longer disappear from the list.
- We will hide form titles. Now you can type the form title into the page if wanted.
- Improved editing of items below blocks inserted tight to the bottom of the editor.
- Content image effects (slide and fade) improved.
Important Updates of March 14, 2017
- Improvements to Gallery slideshows
- Automatic retrieval of YouTube thumbnail if the media item is being pulled from YouTube.
- Improved calendar item recurrence. Now you can set an event every x weeks.
- You now can delete one instance of a recurrent calendar event.
- New theme called Willow released.
- Theme improvements
Important Updates of March 7, 2017
- SSL for all domains for websites using our new CMS: SU2017. It is time to signup or upgrade!
- Content images will fade into view on page load. (Image effect controlled in Theme Customizer.)
- Site timezone is now set from address.
- The theme "Iris" has been launched on SU2017.
- Alignment improvements to the page edit advanced tab.
- General theme improvements.