We are continuously improving the CMS. We then send these updates once a week to all our customer sites. These updates add more capability and maintain the security of your website.
Important Updates of March 19, 2018
- Improved the export of large custom collections.
- Fixed an error where root relative links were opening a new tab. Now it opens these "/" links in the same window like other relative links.
- Improved the public store list view.
- Checked through all themes for standardized html.
- Added the edit button to Banyan home collections.
- Added Iris theme slogan display
- Improved debugging of custom collection html blocks.
Important Updates of March 13, 2018
- First off, I must say I am excited about the volume of code that we have to offer today. There are quite a few bug fixes, and some new features we have been working on for some time!
- We have added a tutorial on this site showing how easy it is to add a custom collection to your site.
- SSL certs are being issued from a new tool offering greater flexibility and efficiency in updating certs into the future. This was a lot of work, and we are excited to launch this to all sites.
Import for custom collections. This is a new feature adding to the power of custom collections, allowing users to update a collection or add to it, by importing a CSV file. If you have images already in the database, you can update the text content by doing an export first, which will have an image ID, allowing you to keep the image on the update process.
- The columns tool now allows 5 columns, up from 4, as a request from one site.
- We fixed a bug in System->Navigation related to custom URLs.
- Media Collection filters have been improved.
- Some UI tweaks on the admin side, updating button text and using opacity to improve the layered modals that sometimes are needed.
- Navigation forwarders that go off-site, now open those links in new windows.
- improvements to the Organic and Spruce themes.
Important Updates of March 5, 2018
- Improved the media overview activity graph
- Theme improvements to Prairie, Gumwood and Spruce
- Improved themes use of link targets
- Improved the live streaming connection to the media collection page
Important Updates of February 27, 2018
- Improved Map block alignment
- Strip domain names to make anchors to be relative links
- Improved product list header
- Fixed a product variations bug
- Improved the upcoming events display
Important Updates of February 20, 2018
- We now center captions under centered images.
- Improved User edit screen.
- Made the numbered and bulleted list icons easier to distinguish.
- Improved the ALPS theme to have the same sidebar name so switching themes keeps the sidebar content.
Important Updates of February 12, 2018
- Media collection display of User Bio's now include the ability for more than one paragraph.
- Added a social media feed block
- ACC Site Score widget on the dashboard
- Store add product image tweak
- Improved Cart display
- Updated all themes to allow printing of graphics even though page animations are turned on.
- Improved the button color and linked it with the accent color in all themes.
Important Updates of February 6, 2018
- ACC default logos are available to revert to.
- Improved page edit on a mobile device by hiding the settings pane by default.
Important Updates of January 29, 2018
- Added more help in the System > Integrations page.
- Fixed a reCaptcha validation issue.
- Fixed an error in the setup of the shopping cart.
- Added a store image placeholder.
Important Updates of January 22, 2018
- Added a cart status: Downloaded for the downloadable items.
- Added reCaptcha for the password reset form if the site has integrated reCaptcha.
Important Updates of January 16, 2018
- We removed the Discount label in the cart, unless it is used in the config.
- Improved image caption editing for galleries.
- Improved the calendar background color.
- Improved the opening of forwarder pages. If the link goes off-site, then the link opens in a new window.
- Added an option in the store to not require shipping info for download only items.
- We added images to event, and allow multiple calendars on the site.
- Improved the anchor links when logged in.
Important Updates of January 9, 2018
- With this update we automatically import the META data within an image as the description in the image in our CMS!
- Improved the setup of Custom Collections.
Important Updates of December 5 & 17, 2017
- We removed the email address requirement for correspondent user type.
- We made form emails have a unique subject to help sites not confuse different messages from various users.
Important Updates of November 28, 2017
- We improved the nav bar to make sure navs do not conflict with screen redraw.
- Added captions to the galleries.
Important Updates of November 14, 2017
- We improved the default placement of the focal point (center, center) rather than at the top of an uploaded image.
- We introduced editing of recurring events.
- Improved the calendar date / time picker.
- Improved the calendar list block.
Important Updates of November 7, 2017
- We improved the focal point on the Organic theme images.
- We made the HTML block editor window larger, allowing you to edit this content easier.
- We improved a list of items to make the various themes and checkout pages look better.
- Tweaked the product catalog list to make the images look better (not squished if a different aspect ratio.)
- Removed the "Share" button from the checkout pages.
Important Updates of October 30, 2017
- We have launched Anchor Links! This means any Headline style can now easily be the target of a link. If you are logged in, and you mouseover a heading, you will see an anchor link icon appear. Clicking that will give you the anchor URL that you can link to.
- We fixed the issue where sometimes images would disappear in edit mode. (This was due to the slide CSS being applied to images in the editor, which was not helpful for having them show up properly.)
- Improved the indention for Admin Menu tertiary items.
- Improved the ability to set the home page title blank, but still have the navigation show the home page.
Important Updates of October 24, 2017
- Form responses can now be marked as unread. This is helpful if more than one admin are working together to handle form responses.
- You can now upload a file as the target of a link on an image. An example of this is where you have an image, and you want to link that image to a PDF file. Now, you can easily do that in one step!
- Some back end improvements with GET parameters.
Important Updates of October 17, 2017
- When a person signs up for a SimpleUpdates trial website, we are now sending helpful information to keep them in the loop about how to signup and get help.
- We have improved the system email template.
Important Updates of October 11, 2017
- iTunes to Podcast integration has been improved.
- The shopping cart check-out process has been streamlined and improved.
- The digital download button has been improved in the check out process.
Important Updates of October 3, 2017
- We optimized the page content area in the database.
Important Updates of September 18, 2017
- Custom collections: We alert on duplicate fields.
Important Updates of September 4, 2017
- Improved pagination links on the media list view.
- Added analysis to forms: Cost fields
- Added a forms detail view for multi-option responses.
- Improved filter links on form response list view.
- We now show the form analysis maps on print view.
- Support for multiple paragraphs in event description.
- Added feature images to forwarder pages.
Important Updates of August 28, 2017
- Form Responses: we now show the unread items in bold.
- Fixed an error when creating a new blog.
Important Updates of August 22, 2017
- Improved ALPS theme logo processing.
- Refreshes a page that you have visited and has become stale. If edits have happened beneath you, and you start an edit session, you will now get the most updated data in your edit window.
Important Updates of August 15, 2017
- Non editor users can now receive form notifications
- Improved the backend date picker by making the arrows visible.
- Improved ALPS Theme name area in tablet view.
- Improved printing on all Themes.
Important Updates of August 8, 2017
- Improved Obsidian Theme carousel images.
- Added a store product list block.
- Improved podcast category label.
- Set the style guide as optional for all themes.
Important Updates of July 31, 2017
- We restricted blog posting to active blogs and made the blog selection more obvious when adding a new post.
- Improved an error where: non-floated blocks can prevent access to floated blocks
- Implemented Registered and TradeMarks in site titles to be superscript and sized properly
- Improved the Admin Event list ordering of events.
- Improved Spruce theme left header alignment issue.
Important Updates of July 24, 2017
- The HTML block can now hold unlimited length of content.
- Sites that use TM or R in their site title, will automatically have these styled nicely in the output on all the themes.
- Improved how themes displayed logos.
- Theme improvements to ALPS and Spruce.
Important Updates of July 19, 2017
- Improved bulleted lists in ALPS theme.
- Themes now work with any chosen accent color.
- Tweaks to the Organic theme, to allow it to display properly if no header is desired.
- Tweaks to the Iris theme, in the header and links area.
- Tweaks to the Banyan theme, navigation wrapping if there are a lot of nav items.
- Remove underline from ALPS share menu links.
- Make all theme button styles work whether a tag is inside or outside.
- Improved the help links from each site to the help site.
Important Updates of July 12, 2017
- Improved custom collection list, now showing pictures as thumbnails.
- Added the ability to edit custom collection field identifiers.
- Fixed a bug on reordering navigation items.
- Tweak to store order notifications to the store owner.
- Added Yelp! to the social media links.
- Improved an error dialog in store checkout.
- Proved HR styling via global.less.
- Improved calendar "today" button functionality.
Important Updates of July 6, 2017
- We fixed some modals to not show an error on load before you had a chance to work on the fields.
- In media list view, the presenter column is now sortable.
- Fixed some theme bugs.
Important Updates of July 4, 2017
- Improvements to the Banyan theme
- Improvements to the Gumwood theme
- Improved editing store categories
- Allowed YouTube embeds to play full screen when the admin is logged in to the site
- Improved email notifications for forms and store orders
- Set some more help text links to make it easier to get to help pages from any SU website. (The Lifesaver ring at the top right of the admin bar.)
- Improved prune and graft - we now show hidden parents on the back end
- Improved the ability to make buttons (as a style) in the editor
Important Updates of June 27, 2017
- Limited the amount of text that can appear in a collection field preview
- Improved ability to access the help icon in the admin bar
- On page list, use the nav tittle if there is no screen title
- We added notifications for Store sales
- Improved image buttons in Obsidian theme. (And this improvement will go to all themes soon.)
- Improved editing (visibility) in the permalink field
Important Updates of May 23, 2017
- Improved the new focal point icon
- Improved Store shipping method setup
- Prairie theme improvements
Important Updates of May 15, 2017
- Fixed an issue with Media uploads
- Added context sensitive help links
- Fixed some calendar errors
- Added default thumbnail size settings
Important Updates of May 9, 2017
- Live streaming placeholder graphic is now customizable.
- Master theme tweaks
- Custom Collection export tool
- Store checkout improvements
- List block GUI edits
Important Updates of May 2, 2017
- Improved site collections
- Store now accepts coupons
- Store products are now downloadable able
- Improvements to the Organic theme footer
- Improved how protected pages work in Navigation
- ReCaptcha integration
Important Updates of April 24, 2017
- Improved site search
- Stripe is now available for the store. Setup in Integrations.
- Willow & Prairie theme improvements
- Improved media and store product descriptions with nl2br.
- Improved system > navigation tool.
- Added an activation date for podcasts.
- Improved the store backend editing.
Important Updates of April 18, 2017
- Collections are now easier to edit. The collection edit link is visible when editing the content page that contains a collection.
- Improved the site trial features that are available.
- Dashboard tweaks.
- Dashboard "Site Score" has been added, prompting users to complete their site setup.
- Store now allows the purchase of electronic download items for sale.
- Forms can have one cost item, and the cost collected at form submit. The forms cost is integrated with Stripe as our new preferred payment processor. (We will be migrating other cost areas to stripe in the future.)
Important Updates of April 11, 2017
- We launched a new standard theme called "Prairie".
- The media collection tool shows the correct number of live streaming viewers that are watching your SimpleUpdates live stream.
- General theme improvements.
- Domain redirection has been enabled. This allows you to point a secondary domain to a specific part of your primary domain name website.
- Improvements to the column block, where we have added some default spacing between the columns. (This is editable further in the CSS.)
- Several image can now be added to an existing gallery via the upload dialog.
- Improvements to Settings -> Navigation.
Important Updates of April 4, 2017
- Dropdown support has been added to all standard themes! This allows child pages in the navigation items to display as a drop down.
- Various theme improvements.
- Calendars showing squares from a previous month, now includes the data from the previous month in those squares.
- Improved adding slideshows to pages.
- Protected content is no longer leaked on search results for that page.
- Store items can be marked non-taxable per item.
Important Updates of March 28, 2017
- Mobile nav improved on the Organic theme. Preparation is underway for drop down nav support across themes.
- Added a store page type.
- Improved store product image uploading.
- Numerous theme layout improvement tweaks.
- Media collection improvement. Assets that were randomly becoming disconnected from their items is resolved.
Important Updates of March 21, 2017
- ALPS, Willow, Banyan and Gumwood theme improvements
- Upgrade to Twig 2.1. This is a major update, and hopefully you won't know a difference, other than the updated functionality.
- Store improvements. Inactive items no longer disappear from the list.
- We will hide form titles. Now you can type the form title into the page if wanted.
- Improved editing of items below blocks inserted tight to the bottom of the editor.
- Content image effects (slide and fade) improved.
Important Updates of March 14, 2017
- Improvements to Gallery slideshows
- Automatic retrieval of YouTube thumbnail if the media item is being pulled from YouTube.
- Improved calendar item recurrence. Now you can set an event every x weeks.
- You now can delete one instance of a recurrent calendar event.
- New theme called Willow released.
- Theme improvements
Important Updates of March 7, 2017
- SSL for all domains for websites using our new CMS: SU2017. It is time to signup or upgrade!
- Content images will fade into view on page load. (Image effect controlled in Theme Customizer.)
- Site timezone is now set from address.
- The theme "Iris" has been launched on SU2017.
- Alignment improvements to the page edit advanced tab.
- General theme improvements.